As part of the Belgian Presidency of the European Council from January to June 2024, visit.brussels, in collaboration with the Government of the Brussels-Capital Region, is launching a call for projects aimed at conference organisers in Brussels. The prize: a budget of 10,000 euros.
The Brussels-Capital Region and visit.brussels see this Belgian Presidency as an opportunity to encourage and support the MICE sector (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions) in order to create a constructive dynamic and maintain the attractiveness of our capital during this important period.
Who can apply?
All event organisers wishing to hold a professional event in Brussels during the period of the Presidency, i.e. from January to June 2024, can apply. The events selected will focus on the key themes for the Region: tourism, the environment, cohesion policy and urban policy.
An external jury will select 20 projects on the basis of specific criteria, such as:
· The quality and innovation of the academic programme,
· The sustainability of the event,
· The inclusive and accessible nature of the event,
· Highlighting of the Brussels Region in the programming and communication of the event.
A budget of €10,000 at stake
The twenty winners will receive a budget of €10,000 for various services supervised by visit.brussels :
· Soft mobility: provision of STIB tickets for participants
· Brussels Experience: local and sustainable catering service for lunch breaks
· Calculating the carbon footprint: support from a specialist company to assess and reduce the carbon footprint.
This call for projects opens today. Applications must be submitted by 1 October 2023 at the latest. Event operators must complete the form.
The rules and all the practical details of the call can be found here