A day full of exciting surprises awaits you in the remains of Charles V's palace. Plunge under the ground and immerse yourself in Brussels' prestigious past. Experience the Renaissance, dress up as a knight of the Golden Fleece or a lady of the court, discover ancient beauty secrets, shoot with a crossbow or handle a sword.
Come and travel through time to discover the treasures of our History.
- Choice of costumes / to transform yourself into a character from the past
- Meeting with the Brussels Ommegang / its flag bearers, ladies and gentlemen of the Court of Charles V
- Crossbow shooting / for young and adults, by the Great Royal Oath and Saint George of the Crossbowmen of Brussels
- Tales and wonders / by the storyteller Selle de Vos, as part of the '"Contes au Musée" In French and Dutch (from 2 to 6 pm)
- Toone and his puppet theatre / initiation and animation
- Cosmetics workshop / to learn beauty recipes
- Spanish sword / to practice your skills, in complete safety
- Illuminations workshop / by the Royal Library of Belgium
- Gourmet renaissance snack
- Cheese buffet and old-fashioned bread
When: Sunday 18 June 2023 | 11:00 -19:00
Where: Place des Palais 7 1000 Brussels
Admission fee: Normal | € 10. Group/senior (+15 persons, +65) | € 8. Reduced | € 5
-18 years old: free for children accompanied with their parents
Activities included in the entrance fee (extra fee for the cheese buffet).
Catering available on site
Reservation is recommended, buy your tickets online via the webshop
Tales and wonders
Location: Place des Palais, 7, 1000 Brussels