Bergoje Park is a pleasant place to walk in Auderghem. With its steep, wooded slope, the Rouge-Cloître stream (Roodkloosterbeek) running below and its paths running down the hillside, this small park has retained all its character from the time when it was still connected to the Sonian Forest.
On the site of Bergoje (which comes from the Dutch "berg", meaning mountain, and "oje", meaning house), used to stand the Villa de la Bruyère, which has now been demolished and replaced by the Clos du Bergoje neighbourhood.
Close to the park lies Rouge-Cloître, a nature reserve that has been home to artists since the 15th century, including famous Belgian painter Hugo Van der Goes. This former abbey was a renowned site until the end of the 19th century, and has since become a genuine artists’ paradise.
Location: Rue Jacques Bassem, 1160 Auderghem